Friday, March 07, 2008

Smoking Ban Solution

Alright, first off, let me just say that, yes, I am a smoker.

I enjoy an occaisional cigar and I smoke about half a pack a day on average. I understand that these are my choices and that not everyone agrees with them or wants to partake of my habits or the byproducts they may leave, but c'mon, can't we find some middle ground here?

Why does it have to be my way or your way. We have to be able to coexist, and I think I have an answer.

I remember reading an article a few years back now in my local newspaper about the city only having so many liqour licenses available and demand being rather high for them as we had some new resturants and the like opening up at the time. My question is, if we can have licenses for liqour, why can't we have them for the operation of a smoker friendly facility?

Doesn't it almost seem to simple? I mean, the municipalities will charge for them, thereby increasing revenue, the business owners profits, in many cases, will go up, and the facilities that like the new smoke-free era that seems to be dawning needn't do anything differently at all. It truly is simplicity itself.

So please, if you have any comments I would love to see feedbaack on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment